2018/1/28 River Katsura at Oshino – Minami Tsuru, Yamanashi
There aren’t many spring creek around Tokyo, but River Yu in Nikko Highland or River Katsura at Oshino in Minami Tsuru. If you are in Yamanashi, your choice will be River Katsura where you can enjoy slow, sensitive, but rewarding match the hatch fly fishing while enjoying the scenic beauty.
Jimmy Carter fished here in 1981 catching 48cm size brown trout
Open Season & Hours
- 15 March – 30 September
- One hour before dawn – one hour after dusk
- Rainbow trout
- Cherry salmon
- White-spotted char
- Brown trout
- 800JPY/day at license stops (1,200JPY/day on river)
- 400JPY/day for under 16, female anglers, and senior above 70
- 2,000JPY/year for under 16, female anglers, and senior above 70
- Only lure, fly fishing, and tenkara
- All fish under 15cm must be released
- Bag limit at 10 in keeper zone
Access by Train
- From Shinjuku Station, take Chuo Line to Otsuki.
- From Otsuki Station, take Fuji Kyuko Line to Mount Fuji Station.
- Take the bus bound to Oshino Hakkai
- Get off at Oshino Hakkai bus stop
Call 042-558-5861 for pick up shuttle (only available between 10am – 5pm)